Atelier Tao + CAR: Emerging Architecture Shortlist 2020. Image © Su Shengliang/Courtesy of AR
Architectural Review announces 16 shortlisted practices for this year’s 2020 AR Emerging Architecture awards. Since 1999 the awards program focuses on creating a platform that highlights the work of young architects and designers. For this year’s edition the shortlist recognizes emerging practices from all over the world.
Thanks to an esteemed panel of jury members, this year’s judging was conducted remotely due to the coronavirus pandemic. Each practice led virtual presentations to a jury of previous AR Emerging Architecture finalists like Dorte Mandrup, Manuel Aires Mateus, and Sameep Padora. While the final judging and will take place during the WAFVirtual, below is a list of the shortlisted practices and selected projects.
- Arigho Larmour Wheeler Architects – Location: United Kingdom / Ireland
- Atelier Tao + CAR – Location: China
- Carles Enrich Studio – Location: Spain
- Equipo de Arquitectura – Location: Paraguay
- Gabriela Carrillo – Location: Mexico
- Khadka + Eriksson Furunes – Location: Vietnam
- MAAJ Architectes – Location: France
- Nomos – Location: Portugal / Switzerland / Spain
- Semillas – Location: Peru
- STPMJ – Location: South Korea
- Studio Advaita – Location: India
- Studio Propolis – Location: United Kingdom
- Surman Weston – Location: United Kingdom
- Suzuko Yamada Architects – Location: Japan
- Taller Capital – Location: Mexico
- Unparelld’arquitectes – Location: Spain
The chosen winner will receive a £10,000 ($12,900) prize. Other shortlisted projects will be featured in a special edition of The Architectural Review.